This Policy describes how SYIL processes your personal data, but may not address all possible data processing scenarios. SYIL may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before the collection.
This Policy describes:
- How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- How We Disclose Personal Data
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- Third-Party Providers and Their Services
- Updates to This Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
Personal data means any information which alone or jointly with other information can be used to identify a natural person. Such data is provided to us directly by you when you use our websites, products, or services, or interact with us, such as when you create a SYIL account or contact us for support. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving usage data from software running on your device. As permitted by law, we may also obtain data from public and commercial third-party sources. For example, we may purchase statistical data from other companies to support our services. The personal data we collect may include name, postal and email addresses, phone number, and login information (account and password), depending on the website you visit or the product and service you use.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your orders; delivering, activating, or verifying products or services; fulfilling your requests for changes; and providing technical support.
- Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about the products and services that may interest you; inviting you to participate in SYIL promotional activities and market surveys; or sending you marketing information. If you don’t want to receive such kind of information, you can opt out of receiving such information at any time.
- Sending you with important notices, such as the updates and installation of operating systems or applications.
- Providing you with customized user experience and content, and activating after-sales services.
- Improving our products and services through internal audit, data analysis, and research.
- Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market shares.
- Troubleshooting when you choose to send us error reports.
- Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you upload or download and the data needed for the uploading and downloading.
- Improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies
SYIL may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. For example, SYIL will collect statistical data, such as the numbers of visitors to its website. We collect such data to understand how users use our websites, products, and services so that we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. SYIL may collect, use, process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion.
We will endeavor to isolate your personal data from non-PII and ensure separate usage of the two types of data. If Personal data is combined with non-PII, it will still be treated as personal data during processing.
2. Cookies & Similar Technologies
To ensure the correct operation of our website, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device, and the content of a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you are using and enable the websites to store such data as your preferences or items in your shopping cart.
Web Beacons and Pixel Tags
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our websites, such as web beacons and pixel tags. For example, when you receive an email from SYIL, it may contain a click-through URL which links to a SYIL web page. If you click the link, SYIL will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer services. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image embedded on a website or in an email. We use pixel tags in emails to find out whether an email is opened. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list of SYIL at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
3. How We Disclose Personal Data
SYIL shares your personal data with other partners as described in this Policy when services are provided by partners authorized by SYIL. For example, when you make an online purchase from SYIL, SYIL must share your personal data with the logistics provider to arrange shipment or a partner to provide services. In addition, as a global company, we may share personal data among SYIL affiliates and subsidiaries.
To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, SYIL may also disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies. If SYIL is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or bankruptcy and liquidation lawsuits in some jurisdictions, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with the transaction. SYIL may also disclose your data when appropriate, such as for the execution of Terms and Conditions and when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to SYIL are correct. SYIL is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
To the extent required by the law of your jurisdiction, you may (i) have the right to access certain personal data we maintain about you, (ii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that data, (iii) object to our use of your personal data, and (iv) ask us to delete your personal data from our database. To exercise these rights, please contact email@example.com. Your written request may be required for security. We may decline the request if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the request is a fraud, infeasible or may jeopardize the privacy of others.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection. We will retain your personal data only as needed for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless otherwise required by law or necessity. SYIL is committed to protecting your personal data, but please note that no security measure is perfect.
6. Third-Party Providers and Their Services
To ensure a positive user experience, you may receive contents or web links from third parties other than SYIL and its partners ("third parties"). SYIL does not have the right to control such third parties, but you can choose whether to use the links, view the contents and/or access the products or services provided by third parties.
7. Updates to This Policy